PAUL D. PFEIFFER
484 Morton St. West, Saint Paul, MN 55107, 651-808-3605, firstname.lastname@example.org
WRITER AND CONTENT MANAGER
I use clear, concise, conversational language to present compelling ideas. My strengths include creative and technical writing, advertising, branding, and teaching. I embrace a wide range of formats from ads and articles to radio and video scripts. I listen carefully, ask a lot of questions, and pay close attention to the language people use so I can help them tell stories that have the power to communicate brand, inform, and connect.
CliftonLarsonAllen, Minneapolis, MN 2004 − 2019
Copy Director, 2017 – 2019
· Consulted on branding language and firm voice for both internal and external materials.
· Led writing projects for rebranding campaign (concepts, scripts, and educational collateral).
· Presented writing and branding seminars for groups as large as 140.
· Developed video scripts for industry clients and the CLA Foundation.
· Produced weekly Yammer posts and grew the group to 350 members.
· Led the copy side of a digital advertising campaign, including writing and proofing gated material and producing copy for landing pages and calls to action (22 million impressions; click through rate of 0.46%).
· Developed concept and process for health care blog that boosted overall web traffic by 10% in first six months after launch.
· Mentored team of six writers on firm’s process and approach to writing.
· In 2019, closer attention to SEO by the writing team contributed to a 30% increase in web visits and a rise in web leads of 20%.
· Taught business writing skills to professionals across the country.
· Collaborated with graphic designers to develop print and online reports.
· Planned, wrote, and proofed web content, including technical and compliance articles and research reports for a variety of industries (agriculture, construction, health care, manufacturing, nonprofit).
· Developed ad concepts, campaigns, promotional materials, give-aways, banners, and signage.
Senior Copywriter, 2004 − 2017
· Planned, edited, and proofed EFFECT magazine (quarterly).
· Developed four online business writing courses.
· Taught industry-specific writing workshops for professionals in agriculture, nonprofit, private equity, and federal government sectors.
· Developed concepts for direct mail campaigns and 360 annual ads.
· Wrote and proofedindustry blogs, web content, and social media copy.
St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN 2002 – 2004 Marketing Specialist
· Advised all academic and administrative departments on marketing and communications tools.
· Consulted on audience, tone, medium, and message.
· Developed ad concepts, campaigns, and promotional materials.
· Provided creative direction for photo shoots.
· Managed production process for 350 print projects per year (solicited bids and developed timelines for writing and design).
· Managed marketing database (design specs, budget, and timeline).
· Wrote and proofed ads, articles, direct mail, brochures, and postcards.
LarsonAllen, Minneapolis, MN 1999 − 2002
· Developed EFFECT magazine as the primary marketing tool for LarsonAllen. (Replaced purchased content with original writing.)
· Established look and voice of EFFECT (circulation 17,000; $132K budget).
· Recruited and developed internal writers and nine freelancers.
· Developed editorial calendar.
· Collaborated with designers on all projects and promotional materials.
· Developed concepts and copy for advertising campaignsand direct mail.
· Researched and developed content for email news service.
LarsonAllen, Minneapolis, MN 1998 – 1999
· Led internal communication efforts for re-branding process, from developing surveys to communicating decisions.
· Wrote, edited, proofread, and fact-checked stories for internal and external communications, including copy for web site and Intranet.
Work samples are available at https://pauldpfeiffer.wordpress.com/home/.
Master of Fine Arts - Fiction, Indiana University, Bloomington
Bachelor of Arts, English and Rhetoric, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
Academic Year Abroad, University College of Wales, Aberystwyth
HONORS AND AWARDS
2013 Finalist Loft Literary Center Mentor Program (non-fiction)
2005 Finalist Speakeasy Literary Contest
2000 Finalist, Minnesota Voices Contest, New Rivers Press (Fiction)
2000 Finalist, The Loft Mentor Series (Fiction)
1996 Finalist, Chicago Tribune’s Nelson Algren Awards
1996 Dot Johnson Memorial Scholarship winner
1995 Winner of Poets and Writers Inc. Writers Exchange (for the State of Indiana)
1994 Indiana University's Ellis Literary Award (best graduate short story of 1994)
Volunteer writer and editor for Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, 2006−present
Freelance writer (Izzy’s Ice Cream, Bob Pike Training, Diamond Shoals Lighthouse) 2012−2014
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training 2014
Photographer for St. Paul Highland Park varsity soccer teams 2010–2015
High School Student Mentor, 2012−2014
Junior Achievement Volunteer, 2010-2011
Volunteer writer and editor for Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, 2006−2014
Team in Training Mentor, 2006−2010
Site Council, Adam Spanish Immersion Elementary School, 2000−2002
Volunteer writer and editor for The Urban Coalition, 1998−2003
HGRA volunteer soccer coach, 2000−2006
Blackhawks Soccer Club coach, 2007−2009
U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer (Philippines), 1987−1989
open book with pen in crevice.
Copper Acorn Farm
484 Morton St. W. Saint Paul, MN 55107 United states
Copyright © 2023 Copper Acorn Farm - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy